- Do you find it difficult to relax and just enjoy life?
- Is it difficult to fall asleep and/or stay asleep?
- Does it feel like your brain is just fried?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Are you just plain stressed?
- Are you in a 12 Step program and want to learn or practice meditation as part of Step 11?
is an ancient technique and an effective means of stress management. The latest
research in neuroscience has shown that our brain, health, and well-being can
benefit significantly from meditation.
In meditation, the mind is clear, relaxed, and inwardly focused. The goal of meditation is to go beyond the mind and experience our essential nature—which is described as peace, happiness, and bliss. Meditation is a practical means for calming yourself, experiencing quiet, stillness, and solitude.
Unlike many medications for stress, there are no reported side effects from meditation except for positive benefits.
Meditation techniques have been practiced for millennia by many traditions all over the world. And once learned are free.
- Meditation aids relaxation.
- It help relieve insomnia and allows you to sleep better
- It gives the brain a rest.
- It helps lower blood pressure (more effective than medication for some patients)
- It eliminates stress
The latest research in neuroscience has also shown meditation to enhance your brain's neuroplasticity (its ability to change) and increases gray matter. Neuroscientists have studied the brain waves of meditators and show why they're healthier.In this class we will explore very simple meditation techniques that can be incorporated into your lifestyle, as well as time for questions and answers. Learn what thousands of people are mastering in meditation programs offered by fortune 100 corporations to better their performance at work and in life.
What’s it costing you not to learn this valuable life skill? Which person do you want to be? One that is trapped in the chaos of a busy mind, or one that is calm and tranquil, and open to potential and possibilities?